Install TaskWarrior under Windows for dummies
The short version of this post is: Install cygwin together with the package "task". Here is a slightly longer version, if you want to know more:
- Download the current cygwin setup file from http://www.cygwin.com (e.g. http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe).
- Execute it and click "Next", "Install from Internet", "Next" and choose an installation directory (I recommend using the default C:\cygwin, if you want to change it, please don't use spaces or special characters in the path).
- Click "Next" until the setup tells you to select a download site. Select a mirror near you (e.g. http://ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de) and click "Next".
- Then a window appears where you can select the packages that should be installed. Enter "task" (without the quotes) into the search field and don't press return.
- Fully extrude the tree and click on the text "Skip" in the same line as "task: A command-line to do list manager" to change it to the current version.
- Click "Next", make sure "Select required packages" is checked and click "Next" again. The download and installation process starts. Grab a coffee. If the process gets interrupted, just start over again.
- You may find a link to the default cygwin shell on your desktop. Run it and a window appears where you can enter "task" (without the quotes) to execute TaskWarrior for the first time. You may answer the question about the creation of a sample configuration file with yes.